Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Flipflop Wines Review...Moscato & Riesling



As a Florida mommy flipflops are a staple in my wardrobe and now in my wine choice too! In the past few years I have tried a few wines here and there but lately I have been getting into enjoying them more. A few friends of mine are adamant wine drinks so when flipflop wines contacted me I knew we had to get together and have our own little wine tasting.



Moscato:

As soon as I mention a flipflop wine tasting, two of my girlfriends told me how much they love the Moscato. I had already noticed the popularity of the Moscato on flipflop wines facebook page so I knew we had to try even if it wasn't included in the review wines. A few nights before the actual wines I was going to review arrived, we opened a bottle of Moscato and like many others before I fell in love. I'm definitely a sweet wine kind of girl, so this wine was perfect. Actually this wine has fast become my favorite go to wine and even the hubby enjoyed it a few nights ago when we cooked up some chicken alfredo.

Details:


 
 
 
 
Appellation:
California
Tastes like:
Light-bodied Moscato with floral aromas, semi-sweet palate, and a soft, lingering finish.
It is full of:
Crisp, bright aromas balance sweet notes
Eat with:
Pad Thai, Chinese chicken salad or vegetable curry
Serve:
Chilled
Store:
Away from direct sunlight

Riesling:

About a week later I had some friends over for a tasting and game night. It was great to have everyone over and we opened the Riesling shortly after we sat down to eat. I also enjoyed the Riesling, not as much as the Moscato, but it is still up there with my favorite wines. I liked the sweet fruity flavor of the wine and everyone else agreed it was quite yummy.





Details:


 
 
 
Appellation:
Left Coast
Tastes like:
Medium-bodied, Riesling with peach, apricot and melon which lead to a satisfying, smooth finish
It is full of:
Tropical notes and sweet aromas
Eat with:
Tofu stir-fry, shredded pork tacos and sake sashimi
Serve:
Chilled
Store:
Away from direct sunlight
 
 
 
Overall:
Flipflop wines are both delicious and affordable, retail price is about $7 a bottle. Gone are the days when you feel like you need to spend way to much of your hard earned money to able to enjoy a glass of good wine. The affordability of flipflop wines really has me hooked. I have to say that I'm surprised the wine taste this yummy at this price.

Make sure to check out the back of each bottle as it lists all the details you need to know about the wine in order to pair it with a great meal!!

It gets even better, flipflop wines has partnered with Soles4Souls Inc.,to raise  funds to give one pair of flip-flop sandals for each bottle of flipflop wine purchased*!  Not only are enjoying a great affordable wine but your also helping others. 

To learn more about Soles4Souls, please visit: http://www.soles4souls.org/
 *up to 100,000 pairs for the first 100,000 bottles sold, where promotion is legal. 

Connect with flipflop wines on facebook or twitter. Find them in a store near you or order them online.

2 comments:

  1. great review I had not tried these wines and now I will give them a try they are such a great price too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do love Riesling, now I must try Moscato! Thanks for the details!

    ReplyDelete

Unique Pageviews

Check PageRank
 
Blog Design by A Mommy's Blog Design (© Copyright 2011)